- Towards breast reconstruction by 3D bioprinting
- Antivirus pioneer John McAfee died in prison
- Millions of euros in cryptocurrency have soared
- The key figure: 19 inches for a quantum computer
- Convenient : How to choose between HDD and SSD
Towards breast reconstruction by 3D bioprinting
3D Systems and CollPlant Biotechnologies have announced that they will create and supply a 3D printed, organic regenerable soft tissue matrix for use in breast reconstruction procedures.
The companies indicate that the 3D printed bio soft tissue matrix under development is designed to respond to physical and mechanical properties while promoting cell infiltration and proliferation to promote tissue regeneration.
Antivirus pioneer John McAfee died in prison
John McAfee, the developer and programmer of one of the first commercial antivirus software, has been found dead in his prison cell in Barcelona. It would be a suicide.
The controversial technologist was awaiting extradition to the United States after the Justice Department indicted him on a series of charges related to tax evasion and fraud in March. He risked nearly 30 years in prison. He was arrested by the Spanish National Police at El Prat airport in October, while trying to flee to Turkey.
Millions of euros in cryptocurrency have been blown up
The RR Crypto association promised its members high-yield investments in the field of cryptocurrencies. But its founder recently announced that the equivalent of 60 million euros, held by the association, had gone. The Paris prosecutor’s office has opened an investigation.
If the exact amounts are not yet clearly known, the founder explains that the crypto-asset portfolio opened on the Binance platform, on which all the funds entrusted to management by our clients are kept, has been reset. It remains to find the trace of the evoked portfolio: the Binance platform has indicated that it does not hold any account in the name of RR Crypto, and does not offer a procedure for “resetting” its portfolios.
The key figure: 19 inches for a quantum computer
Quantum computers still require large dedicated rooms, and complex facilities. But a new step towards the release of the technology from the lab has just taken place: a group of scientists have successfully installed a working quantum computer in two 19-inch server racks, such as are typically found in data centers around the world. whole world.
The prototype represents an evolution, in a sector which relies mainly on laboratory implementations, where quantum computers can only be controlled thanks to an infrastructure specially designed for this purpose. Developing a more accessible facility is therefore essential to extend the reach of this technology.
Practice: How to choose the right hard drive between HDD and SSD
Whether buying a new computer – Mac or PC – or securing data on an external backup drive, which to choose: a classic hard drive (HDD) or a SSD unit?
- Hard drives, or HDDs, are the oldest technology. Generally, they are less expensive and can offer larger capacities for a lower price.
- SSDs, on the other hand, are less fragile than mechanical disks, and read / write performance is better. Storage capacity now reaches 5TB, and up to 20TB in 2.5-inch external enclosure format.
Find the ZD’Brief on podcast platforms
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Spotify, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Apple Podcast, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podtail, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on TuneIn, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podnews, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Listen Notes, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Chartable, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Cast Box, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Android, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Deezer, it’s there