Right on schedule, Apple released iOS 16.3 for iPhone and iPadOS 16.3 for iPad. These updates bring a number of new features to iPhone and iPad. They also include a number of performance improvements and bug fixes.
The iOS 16.3 software update adds new Apple security keys for iPhone and iPad, and fixes an issue on the iPhone 14 Pro Max that caused horizontal lines to appear when the device was turned on.
Here are the release notes from Apple:
This update includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- New Unity wallpaper celebrates Black history and culture in honor of Black History Month
- Apple ID security keys allow users to increase the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the twofactor authentication signin process on new devices.
- HomePod support (2nd generation)
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding down the side button with the volume up or down button and then releasing to prevent unintentional emergency calls.
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with an Apple Pencil or finger may not appear on shared boards.
- Addresses an issue that could cause wallpapers to appear black on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause horizontal lines to temporarily appear when waking up an iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Home Lock Screen widget to display the status of the Home app inaccurately.
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests.
- Addresses issues that could cause Siri requests in CarPlay to be misunderstood.
The new iOS 16.3 and iPadOS 16.3 software updates are now available for download. You can install them on your device by going to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Filed Under: Apple, Apple iPhone, Breaking News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you buy something from one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.