The new Apple watchOS 9 software has been released, which adds a number of new features to the Apple Watch, one of the new features being the new Low Power Mode.
Low Power Mode on the Apple Watch is designed to improve your device’s battery life. A similar feature is available for the iPhone.
Apple has now released details on what features will be disabled when you use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch, see the details below.
Low Power Mode disables these features.
– Always on display
– Heart rate notifications for irregular rhythm, high heart rate and low heart rate
– Background heart rate measurements
– Background blood oxygen measurements
– Reminder to start workout
Power saving mode disables these features when your iPhone is not around.
– WiFi and Cellular
– Incoming phone calls and notifications
Low Power Mode affects these features
– Call may take longer
– Background app refresh is less frequent
– Complications are updated less frequently
– Siri may take longer to process the request
– Some animations and scrolling may look less smooth.
Apple has also stated that you can still use Low Power Mode while exercising and that it will still record your heart rate. You can learn more about these new power saving mode features from the link below, the new watchOS 9 software update is now available for download.
Filed Under: Apple, Gadget News