Black Friday 2022 is about to open and it looks like Microsoft has decided to make a breakthrough with the Xbox Series S, the younger sister of the Xbox Series X. The console will indeed be available at a price never seen before.
Xbox Series S console goes on sale for Black Fraiday 2022
It’s been two years since the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S were released, and while the Xbox Series X is pretty easy to find now (in the Microsoft store, for example), the Xbox Series S has always been more affordable.
Less expensive to manufacture, the Xbox Series S still has significant advantages when looking for a next generation console at a low price and when we are happy to buy games only in a dematerialized format.
Black Friday deals for Xbox Series S
By Black Friday 2022, there are already several offers to buy the Xbox Series S at the canonical price. There are sure to be new ones, and we’ll update this article as soon as they do.
Xbox Series S at Géant Casino for €183.20
- Offer: console at a price of 229 euros instead of 299 euros + 45.80 euros per card, i.e. the cost price of 183 euros.
- Date: November 21, 2022 only (for a kitten)
- Bonus: The price can drop even more if you have a (paid) Casino Max subscription thanks to an additional 10% discount.
Xbox Series S+ Headset at Leclerc for €236.63
- Offer: console + headset Konix PS-400 FFF at a price of 236.63 euros instead of 323.98 euros.
- Date: 21 to 28 November 2022
- Link: see offer at Leclerc
Xbox Series S at Carrefour for €219.99.
- Offer: console at a price of 219.99 euros instead of 299 euros for 10 euros on the card.
- Date: 25 to 28 November 2022
Xbox Series S at Auchan for €209.99
- Offer: console at the price of 229.99 euros instead of 299 euros via 20 euros on the card.
- Date: November 27, 2022 only
Xbox Series S in Cora for €229.99
- Offer: console at a price of 229.99 euros instead of 299 euros due to a discount of 70 euros.
- Date: November 22 to November 28, 2022
Benefits of Xbox Series S
The first very noticeable benefit of the Xbox Series S is its price. The console sells for a retail price of 299.99 euros, which is 200 euros less than the Xbox Series X. If you don’t need more storage space, this price is really interesting from a purely financial point of view.
The storage type of the Xbox Series S is exactly the same as the Series X. It delivers the same fast loading times, whether it’s launching the console, navigating its interface, or loading games. However, be careful because it’s only 512GB, which is enough to install a few games, but limited if you plan to install more than 5 big recent games. You will then need to purchase an Xbox memory card.
Its design goes everywhere
Out of the box, the Xbox Series X impressed with its compactness, and for some this may be an advantage, as it becomes de facto easier to place in any piece of furniture, whether vertical or horizontal. We also noticed that the white console is much less likely to show fingerprints compared to the Xbox Series X. The console is also very quiet.
VRR, 120 FPS and other technical advantages
The Xbox Series S is less powerful than the Xbox Series X, but with its processor, SSD, and similar architecture, it still manages to drive tech like 120 FPS, VRR, or Ray Tracing on paper. We tested 120 FPS and VRR, it’s a reality if you have a compatible TV Gaming. This high frame rate mode can be enabled in the console settings and is available in Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, and Dirt 5, for example.