Developer Torn Banner Studios, video game publisher Tripwire Presents, and partner and co-publisher Deep Silver announce that the open, cross-platform beta of Chivalry 2 will be available today until 1er June 2021 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series.
To celebrate this, Tripwire Presents and Torn Banner Studios are also announcing the release of the official soundtrack of Chivalry 2 on Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and many more music platforms. Players can now take part in this medieval experience while listening to the game’s official soundtrack.
The developer and publisher of Chivalry 2 stay true to their values by supporting independent composers and creators and sign a less traditional sales model agreement. They thus grant to JD Spears, the composer of the official soundtrack of the game, the entire turnover of direct sales, while maintaining the rights to use the music for any content relating to the game. Chivalry 2, as well as for its marketing campaign.
The contents of the closed beta of Chivalry 2 will include:Cross-platform : Players will have the opportunity to compete on the battlefield, regardless of their platform.
- The Coxwell Massacre (New Team Objective Card) : The Order of Mason seeks to make the peaceful village of Coxwell a brutal example, after the inhabitants of the latter declared their support for Argon II. Burn down the village, knock down the gates, steal the gold and kill the soldiers
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map) : Agathian’s forces wait, ready to ambush Mason’s army which is on its way to kill the Duke of Fogbern. Destroy the barricade, push back the convoy, capture the gatehouse and kill the Duke
- Rudhelm’s Siege (Team Objective Card): After weeks of siege, Agathian’s forces begin their final assault on Mason’s stronghold protected by his heir. Push back the siege towers, capture the gatehouse, burn the tents, push back the siege ramps, capture the court and slaughter the heir to achieve victory
- The Battle of Wardenglade (FFA / Deathmatch map): The armies of the Order of Mason and the Knights of Agathian face each other on the battlefield
- Tournament arenas (FFA / Deathmatch card) : The Order of Mason’s elite warriors and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and crowd worship
- Free-for-All (new game mode) : It’s you against all the other players in frantic and chaotic battles
- Full customization (unheard of in the open beta): Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of customization options, thanks to the experience you can accumulate with each of the four classes and its twelve subclasses
- Duel servers (new in the open beta): Available only on PC. Players looking to showcase their 1v1 skills can join dedicated dueling servers. Participants are asked to respect the code of honor and the players who participate in these duels
- 64/40 player server options (new in the open beta): Experience the chaos of the battlefield, charge into enemy lines and feel the scale of a fight for up to 64 players. For those looking for more strategic battles that require communication and teamwork, it is also possible to join 40 player servers via objective modes.
- Private groups (unheard of in the open beta): It is now possible to create private groups on the same medium before joining a cross-platform game.
NOTE: PlayStation players will be able to access the Open Beta for free. It will not be necessary to have a PlayStation Plus subscription. Xbox gamers will need an Xbox Live Gold membership to participate.
AT about Chivalry 2
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person stabbing combat game, inspired by medieval films and their awe-inspiring battles. Immersed in the heart of the action, players revisit all the mythical scenes linked to this period: sword battles, hurricanes of flaming arrows, sieges of titanic castles and much more. Catapults destroy everything in their path as you besiege castles, set villages on fire, and kill horrific peasants on maps as a team objective.
This suite improves the basics of the genre, defined in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, by inviting players to master their swords, thanks to an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes with fluid combos, helping to speed up the action and unleash a whirlwind of steel and blood on the battlefield.
Chivalry 2 will be available in physical version on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X on June 8, 2021, and will also offer the cross-play allowing players from different platforms to play together.
Pre-order the Day One Edition of Chivalry 2 at your usual dealer and get the weapon variant “Royal Zweihänder” free of charge.
Official site: https://chivalry2.com/