- Chrome paused
- Intel has a chip for smell
- Facebook deletes posts on coronavirus
- The key figure: the fall of the technology market
- Convenient : Seven things to clean in addition to your keyboards and smartphones
Google has just announced that it will pause the next versions of Chrome and Chrome OS due to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic. The company cites “adjusted work schedules” as the main reason for the delay, as most of its engineers now work from home.
Intel has a chip for smell
Intel has moved closer to reproducing parts of the human brain on a computer chip: the company has published new research on an algorithm capable of feeling – or rather of recognizing what it feels – based on biological signals .
Facebook deletes posts on coronavirus
In recent days, many Facebook messages related to the coronavirus have disappeared, notifying their authors that they did not meet the standards of the Facebook community. These messages were generally preventive. Facebook explained that since the moderators had to comply with the confinement rules, moderation became fully automated, which could give rise to misunderstandings. We saw the same thing happen on YouTube.
The key figure: the fall of the technology market
Based on recent events related to the new coronavirus pandemic, Forrester Research is downgrading its forecast for the technology market for 2020, and at best anticipates a slowdown in the growth of the US and global technology market.
Practical: seven things to clean in addition to your keyboards and smartphones
If you regularly clean your smartphone and keyboard, congratulations you are on the right track! But here are seven other things you should disinfect:
- door handles;
- office ;
- peripherals (mouse, external hard drive, USB key, printer, other screen, etc.);
- charging cables and / or chargers;
- dishes, including mugs and cups;
- the pens ;
Find the ZD’Brief on podcast platforms
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Spotify, it’s here
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Apple Podcast, it’s here
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Podtail, click here
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on TuneIn, click there
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Podnews, it’s there
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Listen Notes, it’s here
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Chartable, click here
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Cast Box, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Android, it’s there
- To subscribe to the ZD’Brief on Deezer, it’s there