Steam hit arrives on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One & PC
June 27, California, USA – Developer Doborog is releasing their cult game Clone Drone in the Danger Zone today on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The “Slice-and-Dice” fighting game will also be leaving Steam Early Access with a huge launch update, adding the long-awaited fifth chapter finally bringing the Clone Drone story to a close.
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a third person robot fighting game in which any part of the body can be sliced, through a variety of single player, online multiplayer and online cooperative modes. With your human consciousness transferred to a robot gladiator, you must survive the grim trials of the arena and join the human resistance against the evil robot empire.
Since launching in Early Access on Steam in 2017, the game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and garnered over 10,000 user reviews (currently 97% overwhelmingly positive reviews), as well as nearly 30,000 Steam Workshop entries from the community. Over time, the game has become the virtual playground for a large community of enthusiasts who compete daily in the Clone Drone in the Danger Zone robot arena.
“I can’t believe Clone Drone is finally coming out for real,” said Erik Rydeman, founder of Dorobog. “We have come so far since 2017. I want to thank once again our community, which in my opinion is objectively the best community of players in the whole world, as well as our amazing team!”
- Unique “Slice-and-Dice” gameplay: Perfectly synchronize every attack in physics-based combat, in which every part of the voxelized body can be dismembered, and every hit can be fatal.
- (Truly) original weapons: Equip your robot according to your play style with fire swords, giant hammers, equipment like jet packs, piston superkicks, or even flamethrower dinosaurs!
- Single-player adventure: Immerse yourself in an epic tale of human resistance against the robot masters in story mode or take on challenge or endless modes.
- Online Co-Op: Use the power of human friendship (and especially laser swords!) To survive in the arena.
- And Online Versus: Fight your friends in “Last Bot Standing” – A Battle-Royale-like game mode with up to 15 players, or face them in 1v1 duels.
- Level Editor: Create your own custom levels and challenges, and share them! Explore Workshop’s extensive library, which boasts nearly 30,000 awesome levels built by real humans (Steam exclusive).
- Responsive Commentators: With over 38,000 (!!!) spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide continuous commentary on your performance and react to your activities.
Doborog Games was founded by independent developer Erik Rydeman (Playfish, Popcap and EA Mobile) and has grown into a team of 5 people. Their first game, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, started as a prototype, quickly imposed on YouTube and then launched in Early Access on Steam 2017. Since then, the game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies, is featured regularly. into the Early Access Best Selling Lists, and has built a loyal fan base with a steady stream of updates. On June 27, 2021, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone releases in its full version and launches on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.