When Death Stranding Director’s Cut confirmed that its upgrade path from PlayStation 4 to PS5 would cost € 10, it was assumed that the price would carry over to other territories. After all, Sony charges the same amount for its UK and US PS5 titles on the PS Store despite the currency difference. However, it turns out that the Death Stranding Director’s Cut PS5 update will only cost € 5 for those in the UK.
The PlayStation UK Twitter account confirmed the good news in a set of easy-to-follow steps, as seen below:
PSA for those requesting the upgrade path for #DeathStranding on PS4 in Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition on PS5:
1. The update will be available on Friday
2. It will cost you € 5
3. Continue pic.twitter.com/ast9zcqsGY
– PlayStation UK (@PlayStationUK) September 21, 2021
What makes it even better is that it is actually upgraded to the Digital Deluxe Edition, which has even more digital content alongside the new missions and content from the base version of Death Stranding Director’s Cut. These additional elements are:
- New in-game costume colors x2 (gold and silver)
- New in-game Power Glove colors x2 (gold and silver)
- Additional in-game BB Pod customization options x2 (gold and silver)
- Additional backpack patches in the game
This PS4 to PS5 upgrade path will be available on launch day (September 24, 2021). If you missed the game launch trailer, click this link. Be careful though, it’s full of spoilers. Does knowing the cost to upgrade to Death Stranding Director’s Cut tempt you to check the updated version? Let us know in the comments below.
45seconds is a new medium, feel free to share our article on social media to give us a solid boost. 🙂