You do not know that winter promises to be harsh from an energy point of view. With 26 reactors out of 56 in the French nuclear fleet shut down, the risk of power shortages seems likely, even if the government is reassuring.
Prime Minister Elizabeth Bourne multiplied media appearances to explain that no cuts would affect households. However, the government is asking the French to exercise energy sobriety and prioritize certain times when demand is lower.
How to reduce the consumption of digital devices?
If you want to change your habits, EcoWatt’s dedicated website lists the right steps to take in order to save energy, especially during periods of high voltage. Apart from the environmental issue, it also reduces the bill at the end of the month and it’s always nice to take…
In the case of a mobile phone (or similar device), EcoWatt recommends charging the device in the middle of the day or from 9 pm. It is mainly necessary to save electricity in the morning from 8:00 to 13:00 and in the evening, when everyone returns from work, from 18:00 to 20:00.
Here are some top tips for saving electricity:
- Turn off your computer and screen completely at the end of the day;
- Do not leave any devices (box, TV, computer, game console, etc.) in standby mode;
- Turn off the box in case of absence;
- Turn off unnecessary information screens (reception, food, etc.);
- Do not charge your laptop from 8:00 to 13:00 and from 17:30 to 20:30.
Discover the best packages of the moment:
Found more than 100 parcels