The video game Star Wars: Battlefront 3 has been rejected by Electronic Arts for reasons of profitability.
A few years before the Cyberpunk 2077 affair, there were Star Wars Battlefront II protests. The second installment of what was destined to become a regular franchise in the Electronic Arts catalog had one of the most catastrophic launches in the video game industry when it was released in 2017. Jointly criticized by the public and the specialized press for El mal Using lootboxes and microtransactions within the game, the title developed by DICE quickly acquired a deplorable reputation.
However, after several months of constant user attacks, the developers ended up removing a vast majority of these microtransactions entirely, reconciling with part of the public. But the damage had already been done, and despite the inherent qualities of the title – huge content, honest single-player campaign, and uplifting combat feel – Battlefront 2 had alienated most players from the bitter aftertaste left by “free -to- “from the game. pay “policy when launched.
Why so much hate?
Despite this, fans of the Star Wars universe hoped that one day or another they would be able to put in their hands a Star Wars: Battlefront 3 thanks to which the DICE studio and Electronic Arts could have made their fault. Fans will have to put their hopes and dreams in the closet as EA will not be producing a third installment. In fact, journalist Tom Henderson has revealed that the publisher prefers to focus on its Battlefield license, and that the refusal to embark on a new Star Wars game also stems from the operating costs of this franchise.
According to information from Tom Henderson, a game that takes place in the Skywalker universe would have to sell much more than another title to be profitable, if only to be able to amortize the costs incurred in order to benefit from the Star Wars label.
Battlefront 3 was a title released by DICE, but ultimately the title was taken down by EA due to licensing costs.
“It was rejected because it takes 20% more sales to make the same money,” said a previous developer.
– Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) November 20, 2021
“Battlefront 3 was a title offered by DICE, but EA eventually turned it down due to licensing costs.” It was rejected because it takes 20% more sales to get the same money, “said a former developer.”
However, these statements should be taken with a bit of height, as currently no fewer than two new Star Wars titles are in development at the offices of Electronic Arts. Games that would focus on narrative experiences for a player (probably including a Jedi Fallen Order 2). It’s quite possible that EA’s decision not to pursue Battlefront stemmed from a desire not to risk releasing a new play in a series with a reputation already clouded by rumors, old as they are.
Right now, DICE teams have been assigned to develop the next Battlefield game, as Battlefield 2042 has just pointed the tip of its PBX-45 rifle.
Astra Pro Nulled, Woocommerce Custom Product Ad, Nulledfire, Yoast Nulled, Slider Revolution Nulled,Woodmart Theme Nulled, Wpml Nulled, Rank Math Seo Pro Weadown, Wordfence Premium Nulled, Newspaper 11.2, Fs Poster Plugin Nulled, Plugins, Elementor Pro Weadown, Consulting 6.1.4 Nulled, Avada 7.4 Nulled, WordPress Theme, Elementor Pro Weadown, WP Reset Pro, WeaPlay, Business Consulting Nulled, Woodmart Theme Nulled, PW WooCommerce Gift Cards Pro Nulled, Newspaper – News & WooCommerce WordPress Theme, Flatsome Nulled, Jnews 8.1.0 Nulled, Premium Addons for Elementor, Dokan Pro Nulled, Jannah Nulled, PHP Script