Considered one of the flagship exclusives at PS5’s launch, Deathloop returns to its parent company’s fold and joins Xbox Game Pass on Tuesday.
It’s a surprise for the boss, but nonetheless, Xbox players expected it. Exclusive to PS5, despite its publisher Bethesda’s takeover by Microsoft in September 2020, Deathloop is being offered to PlayStation Plus subscribers in September. But first of all he signs his arrival on another platform.
Because you no longer need the latest PlayStation console to enjoy this game that won multiple awards last year. During the Tokyo Game Show last week in Japan, Xbox made a surprise announcement by announcing the return of Arkane Lyon (one of the studios owned by Bethesda and its parent company ZeniMax, acquired by Microsoft). Thus, from September 20, Deathloop will appear on the Xbox Series X|S, as well as on Xbox Game Pass, a gaming service with unlimited access by subscription.
Loop of death or endless death
Deathloop is an action-adventure time-loop game in which an amnesiac hero is trapped on Blackreef Island. To get out of this endless day, he must kill eight other assassins, called Visionaries, and confront Juliana Blake, another Visionary tasked with killing him to avoid damaging the loop. With each death, the game restarts from the very beginning… but with possible events.
The game offers single and multiplayer modes. It is also enriched with the Goldenloop update that comes out in September, with new weapons, new enemies and, in particular, a new ending.
But Deathloop isn’t the only game to be added to Xbox Game Pass this fall to please its nearly 30 million subscribers. Returning to video games, but above all as a brand, Disney is bringing its entire line of iconic characters to the Disney Dreamlight Valley stage. The title is an adventure, exploration and action game mixed with a bit of life simulation. And to bring it all to life, we find all the Pixar and Disney characters of all time. It will also be necessary to help them return color and life to the Valley of the Light of Dreams, once the haven of the world, where they all lived in harmony.
Also not to be missed is Metal: Hellsinger, a first-person shooter that will delight fans of Doom… and metal. Because, as the name suggests, the game uses a breathtaking soundtrack to take on an army of demons.
The Tokyo show also allowed Xbox to announce some big newcomers like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey or Ni no Kuni.
Games added to Xbox Game Pass in September 2022
- Loop of Death (Xbox Series X|S)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: Founder’s Pack (Xbox, PC and Cloud)
- Opus Magnum (PC)
- Train Sim World 3 (Xbox and PC)
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC)
- DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventure of Krypto & Ace (Xbox, PC and Cloud)
- You Can’t Park (Xbox, PC, and Cloud Storage)
- Despot Game (Xbox and PC)
- Metal: Hellsinger (Xbox Series X|S and PC)
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Xbox)
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition (Xbox and PC)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Xbox and PC)
- Fugue: Melodies of Steel (Xbox and PC)
- September 22: Beacon Pines (Xbox and PC)
- September 22: Slime Rancher 2 (Xbox and PC)
- September 27: Grounded 1.0 (Xbox, PC and Cloud)
- September 27: Moonscards (Xbox and PC)
- September 29: Walheim (PC)
All of these games are available to all Xbox Game Pass (console or PC) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (allowing you to play cloud games on your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac, among others).