Available for almost a month, F1 22 is the latest installment in the Formula 1 game series. Still in development by Codemasters and now under the direction of Electronic Arts, this opus has relatively convinced the press and the community, despite the lack of observable novelties. . Also a few bugs that the developers are fixing regularly, especially with patch 1.06 on PC and consoles. Here are the changes.
F1 22 patch 1.06 news
This 1.06 update was available for download within a few minutes and weighs in at around 3 GB, depending on your platform. Mostly these are fixes, in particular an important fix when the safety car was deployed. There have been times when cars have been disqualified for overtaking the VSC before finishing its last lap in immersive mode.
Other fixes have been applied, such as the correct colors for sector time indicators, or even the wear rate of the MCI/MHU-H system being automatically revised down. Drivers have also been updated to bring the performance of the pilots closer to the current season (in which the French Grand Prix was played yesterday). Finally, we’ll note the many changes to force feedback (tire temp, engine torque, etc.), all of which have been listed on the official website.
Here is the patch note for update 1.06:
- The characteristics of the F1® 22 cars have been changed to better reflect the real season. As a result of this change, the F1® Time Trial leaderboard has been reset.
- Reduced MCI/MGU-H wear rate when using automatic transmission.
- Sector time indicators will now display the correct colors after a round has ended.
- Improved AI logic when entering and exiting boxes.
- Fixed an issue that caused tire temperatures to reset after pausing the game in online modes.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the safety car in the spectator’s field of view could overtake all AI driven cars, resulting in multiple disqualifications.
- Fixed HR buffs not being applied to pilots.
- Fixed an issue where track traction could decrease between qualifying sessions.
- Fixed an issue in Baku that could cause the player to collide at turn 15 of the track during an AI roll start.
- Fixed issue with Tecpro Barriers defenses being detached in Baku.
- The color of decals and sponsor badges can now be used from a preset color slot.
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
- Mark is now correctly referencing Iconic Drivers.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong graphics card could be selected when launching the game, which could result in a crash.
- The game now loads correctly with Intel graphics cards (subject to the minimum system requirements and models).
- Adjusted searching for network sessions to reduce the risk of NM14 errors.
- Removed the AI icon from the timer panel when the safety car intervenes in the spectator view.
- Kevin Magnussen Eye Color Correction
- Collisions are now displayed correctly in UDP data.
Career for two players
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, players were unable to negotiate a two-player career contract.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck in a two player career after the summer break.
- Improved the mix when the flat bottom of the F1 car hits the ground so it can be heard better.
- Improved performance and combination of tire friction and skidding
- Added new sounds for Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Race Engineer from mentioning “Racing Point” instead of Aston Martin.
- Fixed an issue where headphones could not be selected as the radio output device on PlayStation 4/5.
- Fixed a feedback issue with several compatible Logitech racing wheels (G920, G29 and G923).
- Fixed an issue that caused the tachometer (rev counter) LEDs to not work on a Logitech base.
- Added LSB and RSB buttons for Thrustmaster T248/T128 Racing Wheels on Xbox.
- Improved performance when the companion screen is set to full screen.
- Fixed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating.
- Fixed an issue with the Oculus Rift CV1 due to the stencil grid being enabled by default.
- Changed default settings to improve overall compatibility.
- Visual quality and performance optimization
F1 22 is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series and Stadia.