During your sessions on the famous football game ofEA Sports, you may encounter connection problems on FIFA 21. In some cases it could be a problem with EA servers but other times it is a problem with your own connection that is the cause. We will therefore explain the different solutions and steps to resolve your problem.
How do I know if the EA servers for FIFA 21 are online?
To find out if EA’s servers are available, it’s easy. Go to the dedicated FIFA 21 page on EA Help in order to check if the servers are online.
As you can see here in the image, you will then just have to click on the Server Status part to see the status of your server displayed whether you are on PC, Playstation 4 or Xbox One, these will all be visible.
If the servers appear in green, it means that they are online and you probably have a problem on your end. But if the servers appear in red, it is probably that maintenance is in progress or that the servers are unavailable for some other reason. In these cases, EA will communicate on its account twitter to keep players informed.
And if you’re playing on consoles, here’s how to keep up to date with server status:
- On PlayStation, you can consult the account AskPlayStation for information on PlayStation Network services.
- On Xbox One, you can consult the account XboxSupport for the latest news on Xbox Live services.
What if I can’t sign in to FIFA 21?
If you are unable to sign in, you can take the following steps to try to resolve your problem.
- Restart your router : Turn off your router and restart it a minute later to see if you can reconnect.
- If you are on consoles : You can just turn it off and then restart it, in some cases this will solve your problem.
- Change DNS : This solution is undoubtedly the most complicated for the uninitiated but it will be easy for you to modify your DNS (Domain Name System) if you follow the explanations provided by Google and their free service.
- If you connect via WiFi : If you connect via a WiFi connection, your connection may not be stable enough, so we recommend using a wired connection via an Ethernet cable to stabilize your connection.
If your issue is still not resolved, then you can check out EA’s article on connection issues or submit a service ticket on EA Help to have an advisor assist you in resolving it.
All our guides on FIFA 21