The video game retailer GameStop revealed its list of games that have accumulated the most pre-orders after E3 2021.
The Top 10 is largely dominated by titles destined for the Nintendo Switch console. At the top, we find the next adventures of Samus Aran. Metroid Dread is the first new 2D game for this series since Metroid: Zero Mission (2004) for Game Boy Advance.
A Quebec game is doing well in eighth position with Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance. Developed by the studio Tuque Games, it is a third-person role-playing game (TPS) which is intended as a spiritual sequel to the excellent Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance and Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II. It is available as of today on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series.
Canada is also represented beautifully with another duo: Far cry 6 developed by Ubisoft Toronto and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy in preparation by Eidos Montreal.
Here are the Top 10 post-E3 2021 pre-orders from GameStop (also known as EB Games in Canada):
1. Metroid Dread – 10/8
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 7/16
3. Mario Golf: Super Rush – 6/25
4. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – 11/19
5. Mario Party Superstars – 10/29
6. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – 10/26
7. Far Cry 6 – 10/7
8. Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance – 6/22
9. Madden NFL 22 – 8/20
10. Pokémon Legends: Arceus – 1/28/22
11 (honorable mention) Halo Infinite