Game News Halo Infinite: 343 Industries Introduces Some of the Game’s Accessibility Options
Published on 10/02/2021 12:05 PM
Microsoft, committed to inclusion and accessibility, recently unveiled new features that will promote the practice of video games among people with disabilities. A commitment that internal studies obviously benefit from.
343 Industries’ Page Johnson participated in the recent Xbox Accessibility Showcase and took the opportunity to reveal a number of accessibility options that will be featured in Halo Infinite, which is expected on December 8. In the program: the size of the subtitles, the audio description, a special navigation mode, parameters for ATH, customization of the controls or even assisted driving:
343 Industries’ goal is to make this new journey into the Halo universe more accessible to as many players as possible. This includes those new to the franchise, but also those who have trouble playing for certain reasons that were not taken into account until now. (…) Being important the representation in the video game, in order to improve it in Halo Infinite, 343 Industries has collaborated with associations such as Warfighter Engaged to offer you new ways to customize your Spartans with the incorporation of different prostheses. Accessibility doesn’t end there, 343 Industries will continue to update Halo Infinite, so as many people as possible can fight alongside the Master Chief.
Among the options that will be available in the game, we will find:
- Adjust font size
- Modify the background opacity
- Change the color of the dialogs according to the individual
- Choose between subtitles for all dialogues or only those related to the campaign story
- Ability to change font size in menus and during gameplay.
- Menu narration and the ability to adjust its speed for those who use screen readers.
- New “linear navigation” mode, which allows you to navigate the interface without seeing where the controls are arranged on the screen to access them.
- Possibility to change the colors of allies and enemies to offer more options than the usual “red against blue”
- More settings for the interface, for ATH (head-up display) and for the opacity of the reticle, to more easily identify the ATH information
- Voice-to-text and text-to-speech transcription options
- New sound options, with the ability to independently adjust several different game sounds.
- Customize controls for the controller or keyboard / mouse, to reconfigure keys, adjust sensitivity, and briefly press a key instead of holding it down
- New assisted driving function, to drive vehicles in a new way, without using the classic mechanics of “look and lead”.
Pre-order Halo Infinite on Amazon
This page contains affiliate links to certain products that JV has selected for you. Each purchase you make by clicking one of these links will cost you no more, but the e-merchant will pay us a commission.
Through MalloDelic, Typing jeuxvideo.com