Sometimes it’s necessary to clear conversations with your favorite or notsofavorite contacts to make your messaging app a little more organized. If you want to learn how to delete conversations, photos, and messages from the official Facebook Messenger app, this quick guide will guide you through the entire process. Both from the official application and directly from the official website.
Guiding you through the process and showing you how to delete individual messages, conversations and photos from your inbox. While it’s worth noting that this won’t remove them from your friends’ inbox, and you can’t delete all of your conversations at once, you can delete individual conversations one at a time.
When you use the Meta Messenger app on your phone, Facebook will store all of your messages in your inbox until you choose to delete them. To do this, in the Messenger desktop app, just rightclick on the conversation you want to delete and then select Delete Conversation, then a confirmation box will appear where you need to click on Delete to complete the process.
To delete a single message or photo in Messenger, open the conversation in the app and rightclick on the message or photo you want to delete. Then select “Delete for you” and then confirm your choice by clicking “Delete”. This process is also available on Messenger.com. Just hover your mouse over the conversation located in the “Chats” section and then click on the icon with three dots “…”. Once here, click Uninstall > Uninstall. To delete a message or photo, open a conversation, hover your mouse over the message or photo you want to remove from Messenger, then click the threedot “…” icon and choose Delete > Delete.
Delete individual messages from Messenger on Facebook.com
1. Go to Messenger > located in the upper right corner of the browser window, and then at the bottom of the list of Messenger windows, select View All in Messenger.
2. Select the individual chat message you want to delete from the left column to open it in the main center window, hover your mouse over the icon with three vertical dots and select “Delete” and then select “Delete” again in the popup window . window
Delete entire conversations from Messenger on Facebook.com
1. If you prefer to delete the entire conversation from your feed, simply hover over any chat listed in the left column and click on the icon with three horizontal dots. Then select Delete Chat.
If you have archived any chat, you can also make it appear again by selecting Archived Chats, which will allow you to clear the Messenger app and conversations.
Delete messages from Messenger app
To delete individual messages from the official Messenger app
1. Open the chat containing the message you want to delete.
2. Select a message by holding on the touch screen.
3. Select Remove for You to remove the message from the conversation.
To delete an entire conversation from the Messenger mobile app
– On Android devices, simply press and hold your finger on any conversation you want to delete and then tap Delete.
– On Apple devices, simply swipe left on a Messenger conversation, select More, and then select Delete.
If you need more help using the Facebook Meta Messenger app on a mobile device or browser, please visit the official Meta Messenger Help Center.
Filed under: Guides, Breaking news