If you are wondering how you can manage contacts on your Apple iPhone or your Apple account, this quick guide will show you how to delete contacts on iPhone as well as manage access to your contacts on all your Apple devices. Apple has made it easy to change what appears in the Contacts app when browsing your network, as well as deleting unwanted contacts, and more.
How to delete contacts on iphone
It is worth remembering that when you delete a contact, it is permanently deleted from your device, this also applies if you delete a contact from your email account, this also permanently deletes the contact from all devices registered with your Apple ID. and an email account.
1. To delete a contact from your iPhone, just open the Contacts app and find the contact you want to delete.
2. Click the Edit button, then scroll down and select Delete Contact.
3. Apple will ask you to confirm your request to delete contacts from your iPhone, just confirm your choice, make me permanent.
Display contacts differently
Apple also offers various ways to sort and display contacts, such as alphabetically, by last name, or by first name, depending on your preference.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select the “Contacts” section in the “Settings” section and select one of the following options to display your contacts as you wish.
– Short Name: With this, you can choose how your contact’s name appears in applications such as email, messages, and phone.
– Display Order: As the name suggests, this will again show the contact’s first name before or after the last name, depending on your preference.
– Sort Order: Allows you to sort your contacts alphabetically by first or last name.
Choosing a default contact account
If you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone, Apple lets you choose the default account you want to add new contacts to. To do this, go to Settings > Contacts on your iPhone and select Default Account from the list of accounts currently available on your iPhone.
Disable contacts for an account
Apart from being able to choose a default contacts account, you can also disable and disable contacts on specific accounts, just go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts and select the account you want to disable. When you view an account, you will notice that there is a slider button next to each section of that account, just slide the button to green for contacts and the contacts for that account will no longer be available on your iPhone. Here you can also delete the entire account if you wish using the option at the bottom.
Share your contacts in email
If you send emails but don’t see your contacts in the main Contacts app on your iPhone. You can simply set up your email accounts to share iPhone contacts if you wish. Just follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts, and then select the Add Account option.
2. Select the service you have an account with, or simply click “Other” to set up a contacts account, such as an LDAP or CardDAV account. Apple will then prompt you to enter your password and login information to establish a connection.
If you’ve received unwanted calls or messages, you’ll be pleased to know that Apple has made blocking contacts easier. We’ve created a quick guide to walk you through the process of blocking contacts on your iPhone, ensuring you never have to receive unwanted text messages or calls from them again. But don’t worry if you need to unblock a contact, it’s just the reverse process. For more information about managing contacts on your iPhone and other features, go to the official Apple support site.
Filed under: Apple, Guides, Breaking news