If you are looking for a tiny mini PC no larger than 75 x 75 x 48mm and weighing only 270g, you might be interested in the new iKoolCore R1. Now available for preorder starting at $199, the mini PC can be equipped with an Intel Celeron N5105 or Intel Pentium Silver N6005 processor depending on your needs.
Supported by 8GB singlechannel memory or 16GB dualchannel memory LPDDR44233, which unfortunately cannot be upgraded. Other features include 4x 2.5 GbE Ethernet ports (Intel i226V) as well as onboard storage in the form of a 128GB or 512GB M.2 2242 PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD. Ports on the mini PC cube include HDMI 2.0 (4K/60Hz), USB 3.1 TypeC (10Gbps), 2 x USB 3.0 TypeA, a handy microSD card reader, and USBC for power only.
The Mini PC with four Ethernet ports is ideal for network applications and can be used as a firewall, file server or router depending on your needs. The mini PC also supports a wide range of different operating systems, including Microsoft Windows and a number of Linux distributions, including most GNU/Linux distributions, as well as specialized software such as pfSense, Proxmox, or OpenWrt.
Specifications of iKoolCore R1 Mini PC
– Intel Celeron N5105/Pentium Silver N6005 Quad Core / 4 Thread @ 2.0 GHz (Turbo up to 3.3 GHz)
– 4 x Intel i226V 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapters
– M.2 2242 slot supports NVMe or SATA (NGFF) (NVMe by default, SATA requires other BIOS firmware)
– 8GB / 16GB Samsung LPDDR4 4233GHz ROM
– Support for Intel AESNI, VTD, VTX
– Active cooling with thin fan
– Both DC IN and PD Power are supported
– Only 75 x 75 x 48 mm
– Ubuntu 22.04 is preinstalled by default if you have an additional SSD.
Filed Under: Hardware, Breaking News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you buy something from one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.