LThe fire started in an apartment in the basement of a 10-apartment building located at 1296 on Avenue de la Ronde. Fifteen people had to be evacuated, some were taken by the Red Cross. None of them were hurt. Residents will not be able to return home today because the electricity has been cut off.
The intervention required the work of 35 firefighters. The fire was quickly suppressed and did not spread throughout the building.
An investigation by the fire department revealed that an electric bicycle battery was the cause of the fire. According to eyewitnesses, the motorcycle battery exploded.