The 24th Annual Convention of the International Mars Society begins Thursday (October 14), and you can view it all online for free.
The Mars Society, a space advocacy group that supports human exploration of Mars, will have virtual panels online between Thursday (October 14) and Sunday (October 17). Register here for your ticket (including an optional donation) and check the full schedule at this link.
“The four-day online forum will bring together leading scientists, government legislators, commercial space executives, and space advocates to discuss the latest scientific and technological developments and challenges related to human and robotic exploration of Mars and the eventual human settlement of Mars. the Red. Planet, “the Mars Society said in a statement.
Presentations will take place through Zoom, while attendees and presenters can network through platforms including the Attendify mobile app event platform, the Slack chat and collaboration tool, and the virtual networking platform and virtual reality AltspaceVR from Microsoft.
Related: Behold! The first view of Mars from the Perseverance rover
According to the Mars Society, these are some of the highlights that attendees can look forward to:
- NASA Deputy Administrator Pamela Melroy’s special address on “NASA’s Road to Mars”;
- NASA Chief Scientist Jim Green’s discussion of the future of aerial exploration on Mars, in the wake of the Ingenuity drone mission;
- A live broadcast with staff members of a Martian analog called AMADEE-20, with staff members in Israel and Austria;
- An update on the NASA Perseverance rover mission by Deputy Project Scientist Katie Stack Morgan;
- An update on the United Arab Emirates Mars Hope mission by project manager Omran Sharaf;
- A presentation on China’s space program by the University of Hong Kong planetary geologist Joseph Michalski.
- A talk on human space exploration by José M. Hernández, former NASA astronaut and CEO of Tierra Luna Engineering;
- A speech on the terraforming of Mars, by NASA Ames Research Center researcher Chris McKay;
- A talk on possible biosignatures in the atmosphere of Venus by planetary scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sara Seagar;
- A discussion of NASA’s Titan Dragonfly mission by Principal Investigator Elizabeth Turtle at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Follow Elizabeth Howell on Twitter @howellspace. Follow us on Twitter @Spacedotcom and on Facebook.
Correction: The Mars Society sent updated information to its initial press release indicating that the organization is now using AltspaceVR. The article has been updated to reflect this information.
Business Consulting Nulled, WeaPlay, Elementor Pro Weadown, PHP Script, Slider Revolution Nulled, Newspaper – News & WooCommerce WordPress Theme, Avada 7.4 Nulled, Fs Poster Plugin Nulled, Wpml Nulled, Elementor Pro Weadown, Flatsome Nulled,Woodmart Theme Nulled, Jannah Nulled, WordPress Theme, Astra Pro Nulled, Rank Math Seo Pro Weadown, Yoast Nulled, Dokan Pro Nulled, Nulledfire, Wordfence Premium Nulled, Woodmart Theme Nulled, Consulting 6.1.4 Nulled, Jnews 8.1.0 Nulled, Premium Addons for Elementor, Plugins, PW WooCommerce Gift Cards Pro Nulled, WP Reset Pro, Woocommerce Custom Product Ad, Newspaper 11.2