Warm up your engines! Starting August 4, eight new tracks will open their doors to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Additional Tracks Pass, a paid DLC* for Nintendo Switch. Wave 2 includes the delicious Sorbet City track, new to the Mario Kart series**. In addition, you can admire the colorful neon lights of the New York Escapade or drive at full speed under the Australian sun on Sydney’s Sprint, two tracks from the Mario Kart Tour game. To learn about these and many more Wave 2 runs, watch the video now. The second wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Additional Tracks Pass will be released on August 4th! (nintendo switch).
The second wave will include the Turnip and Chopper Cups, whose famous ultra-fast tracks have already appeared in previous entries in the Mario Kart series on the Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS and Wii consoles, as well as in the Mario Kart Tour mobile game. Each circuit can be enjoyed locally or online***. Cups will be divided as follows:
• Slicing turnips:
◦ Escape from New York. Speed through towering buildings and take in the views as you traverse the shimmering park in this Big Apple-style level, a re-imagining of the original track from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
◦ Circuit Mario 3 (Super Nintendo) – Control your drifts to attack each turn and avoid the teleportation tube in this 100% classic circuit, first seen in Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo.
◦ Calimari Desert (N64). The peculiarity of this desert route is that you will stumble upon an old locomotive right in the middle of the track. Be careful not to create delays!
◦ Pinball Waluigi (DS) – Ride, jump and master this track that looks like a giant pinball machine filled with thousands of sounds and lights. Be careful never bend over!
• Helicopter haircut:
◦ Sydney Sprint – Soak up the sun and soar over the bay for a scenic ride… A track originally featured in the Mario Kart Tour.
◦ Snow Country (GBA) – Be careful not to slip on this winter Mario Kart: Super Circuit track. And don’t forget: a cool head is never wrong!
◦ Mushroom Gorge (Wii). This track includes an underground cave, deep chasms and giant mushrooms that you can jump on. Land carefully!
◦ Cite sorbet. The competition can be hot, but you can play cool on this “sweet” track filled with giant desserts at every turn. Prove that you are the BEST COP in this 100% new level!
Wave 2 will be added to Wave 1, which is already available and offers eight circuits including Supermarché Coco (Wii), Montagne Choco (N64), Circuit Toad (3DS), Corniche Champignon (DS) and Jardin Volant (GBA). but also Dojo Ninja, Promenade à Paris and Traversée de Tokyo from the Mario Kart Tour. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Additional Tracks Pass consists of 6 separate waves, each consisting of eight tracks, all of which will be available by the end of 2023.
Power up your Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Extra Track Pass and get more jumps, more turns, more chicanes to race on 48 remastered tracks divided into 6 waves available on different dates. Players will be able to enjoy these 6 waves with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Extra Track Pass at no additional cost, through a paid membership to the Nintendo Switch Online + Additional Pack, or by purchasing the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Extra Track Pass on Nintendo. Online store as a separate purchase.
The second wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Additional Tracks Pass will release on August 4th, enriching the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe catalog on Nintendo Switch with eight new, faster and improved tracks. For the first time, a brand new Sorbet City level will appear, as well as a selection of well-known and beloved tracks from the Mario Kart series. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Extra Track Pass will consist of six waves of eight tracks each, all available by the end of 2023.