PlayStation, DS, Wii, Xbox… there are many video game consoles that young and old alike love to play. Many people play their favorite games for many hours. However, like alcohol, sugar or even salt, we must not forget that video games should be consumed in moderation. In fact, if you play it too much, you run the risk of a disease called “motion sickness.” Explanations
From motion sickness to video game dizziness
Surely you have already known that unpleasant feeling of dizziness that accompanies the wonderful cocktail of headaches, fatigue and nausea. Disorders that can appear especially in the car, plane or boat. Then we talk about motion sickness.
And, surprisingly enough, these unpleasant sensations can even arise when you play video games too much.
Motion sickness: what are the symptoms?
As reported by The Collective Mind website, motion sickness develops in three distinct phases:
- The first is that of a feeling of discomfort and restlessness. Physically, your face becomes paler and you fall asleep and yawn more.
- The second is that of uncontrollable nausea and vomiting, that is, we cannot stop. All this is accompanied by hypothermia, tachycardia with increased pulmonary ventilation, salivation, and dilation of the pupils.
- Finally, the third and final phase does not concern all people affected by motion sickness. This is an aggravation of previous symptoms that can lead to a syncopal state. Also note: loss of consciousness due to hypotension and hypoglycemia may be more common.
Why can video games be responsible for motion sickness?
Particularly realistic graphics: here is the main problem. In fact, the brain struggles to distinguish virtual from reality when looking at them. The eye that perceives the movements and the inner ear cannot do it, the two organs cannot coordinate in the precise position of the body within the game.
Obviously, this principle does not apply only to video games. It affects all types of motion sickness.
What to do in case of motion sickness?
Still according to The Collective Mind, here are the various tips to follow if you ever have motion sickness:
- Always play on a full stomach with a light meal, ideally alcohol-free and low-fat.
- Do not smoke.
- Drink frequently.
- Change your gaming settings, such as mouse speed or graphics realism, if possible.
- Avoid playing in an area that is too closed.
- Consider breathing calmly and deeply.
- Take breaks every 15 to 30 minutes.
- Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Don’t play too close to your screen.
And even if you’ve applied all of that and start to feel bad, turn off the game, get some fresh air, breathe, take a nap, or whatever else relaxes you more.
Do you experience any of these symptoms when playing video games? Do you play frequently?
Astra Pro Nulled, Woocommerce Custom Product Ad, Nulledfire, Yoast Nulled, Slider Revolution Nulled,Woodmart Theme Nulled, Wpml Nulled, Rank Math Seo Pro Weadown, Wordfence Premium Nulled, Newspaper 11.2, Fs Poster Plugin Nulled, Plugins, Elementor Pro Weadown, Consulting 6.1.4 Nulled, Avada 7.4 Nulled, WordPress Theme, Elementor Pro Weadown, WP Reset Pro, WeaPlay, Business Consulting Nulled, Woodmart Theme Nulled, PW WooCommerce Gift Cards Pro Nulled, Newspaper – News & WooCommerce WordPress Theme, Flatsome Nulled, Jnews 8.1.0 Nulled, Premium Addons for Elementor, Dokan Pro Nulled, Jannah Nulled, PHP Script