Pégases took place this Thursday evening, an annual gathering that honors the best video game creations such as the Games Awards in the United States. Among the 88 games nominated in 16 categories, several won awards!
Focus on the big winners of these Video Game Caesars hosted by the Academy of Video Game Arts and Technology, presented by host Salome Lagrel and streamed live for the first time on Twitch channel France Télévisions and TheStream.
Did you know ? As Minister of Culture Rima Abdul-Malak reminded us, video games are the number one cultural industry in France.
Stray is recognized as the best French video game of the year
Montpellier-based studio BlueTwelve won the title of best French video game of the year. This game, which previously distinguished itself at the Game Awards, received the awards for “Best Independent Video Game” and “Best First Game”. A real jackpot for this game where you play as a stray cat trying to survive in a ruined futuristic city.
Plague Tale: Requiem wins four trophies
Another big winner of this fourth edition, A Plague Tale: Requiem won four awards. The second part of the A Plague Tale saga, created by the Bordeaux studio Asobo, received four trophies, including the Audience Award. Thrills are guaranteed in this new opus where we follow two heroes (Amicia and Hugo) who are still fighting the plague rats.
Several exclusives were featured on the Cigale stage, such as the trailer for the next Tintin Reporter game – Cigars of the Pharaoh, Road 96: Mile 0 preview, information from Fortiche Productions about the second season of Arcane, or even the new DLC game Solast: Magister’s Crown.
Foreign games and the artistic component of the games also received awards.
This ceremony rewards French productions as well as foreign productions. Indeed, there are three awards for foreign games: Best Foreign Video Game for Elden Ring, Best Foreign Independent Video Game for Tnic, and Best Foreign Mobile Video Game for Spiritfarer.
Another good point: Pegasus also highlights the artwork behind these video games, with prizes such as “excellent storytelling”, “visual excellence” or even “best sound universe”, which A Plague Tale: Requiem won.
- Best Video Game: Stray (BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive)
- Best Independent Video: Stray (BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive)
- Excellent Narrative: Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio/Focus Entertainment)
- Best Game Design: Sifu (Sloclap)
- Visual Excellence: A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment)
- Best Technological Innovation: Dune: Spice Wars (Shiro Games)
- Best Soundtrack: A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment)
- Best Student Video Game: Alaska (Artfx)
- Best Mobile Video Game: Tales Up (Studio Journey)
- Outside of the video game: Flat Eye (Monkeymoon)
- Best Operational Service: Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Tactical Adventures SAS)
- Best First Video Game: Stray (BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive)
- Audience Award: Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio/Focus Entertainment)
- Best Foreign Video Game: Elden Ring (FromSoftwares/Bandai Namco Europe)
- Best Foreign Mobile Video Game: Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus Games/Playdigious)
- Best Foreign Independent Video Game: Tunic (FINJI)
- Best Accessibility: Steelrising (Spiders/Nacon)
- Personality of the Year: Nicolas Cannasse, President of Shirogames
- Honorary Award: Olivier Derivier, composer and musician.