Plugable has released a new monitor adapter that allows you to connect up to 4 screens to your laptop, even if you’re using the latest Apple Macs with M1 and M2 processors. Thankfully, Apple has limited its lowend laptops to support only one external monitor, however, using a range of different monitor adapters from Plugable, you can connect up to 4 additional monitors.
For example, the new USBC or USB 3.0 Quad HDMI adapter (USBC768H4) adds four extended HDMI displays through a single USBC or USB 3.0 port, all at a crisp 1920×1080 resolution at 60Hz. The new Plugable Quad HDMI Adapter is now available from online retailers like Amazon for $119.
The Quad HDMI Adapter comes with a 6″ flat flex cable and the included USBC to USBA adapter. Both units stow away at the bottom of the unit for easy transport and storage—ideal for onthego use and integration into a variety of hybrid work setups.
Pluggable Quad HDMI Adapter
“Only one USBC or USBA port is required, the device gets all its power from the host. And even though it’s small enough to fit in your pocket, the Quad HDMI adapter still handles all the hard work of delivering video signals to four monitors. With the Silicon Motion chipset and two HDMI ports on each side of the adapter, users can expect resolutions up to 1920×1080 @ 60Hz on all screens.”
“With the included USBA adapter, the Quad HDMI Adapter adds four HDMI displays to virtually any computer running Windows 10 and later and macOS 11+. This includes Macs with M1 or M2 chips that would otherwise support only one external monitor. The graphics adapter requires a driver download. On Windows computers, the update is automatic, although users can also install it manually for best results. On a Mac, this is done through the InstantView app. “
– Add 4 screens – The quad monitor plugin adapter allows you to add 4 HDMI displays via a single USBC or USB 3.0 port with a crisp resolution of 1920×1080@60Hz.
– USB to HDMI adapter – Perfect for multitasking, expand your work on 4x zoom screens. Easily switch between USBC and USB 3.0 with the included adapter so you can connect to USB4, Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, USBC or USB 3.0.
– Quad Display – You can add 4 monitors on Macs, even on MacBook M1 and M2 that would otherwise only support one. On Windows computers, you can add 4 monitors or add two adapters to connect up to 8 displays. Driver installation required
– Compatibility – Windows 10/11, macOS 11+. Ideal for web and productivity apps like Google Docs or Windows Office. Not recommended for gaming, graphics or design. Does not support playback of HDCP protected content on sites such as Netflix and Hulu.
– 2 year warranty – We love our connected products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed by a 2year limited parts and labor warranty and email support in Seattle.
Filed Under: Apple, Hardware, Breaking news
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you buy something from one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.