Trying to launch your favorite game from a Start menu shortcut or directly from the Microsoft Store on Windows 11, but instead being redirected to Xbox Game Services? Many users have faced this issue (even on Windows 10) and luckily we have a simple fix to avoid this issue. This will allow you to run games like Gears 5, Forza Horizon 5 and more again.
Two small preliminary checks
This issue is usually experienced by users who have subscribed to Xbox Game Pass, but not always. Before proceeding with the operations necessary to solve your problem, 2 small checks are necessary. First, make sure there are no glitches on the Microsoft gaming service side. To do this, you can go to the Xbox website and check the status of the Xbox live service.
After checking the status of Microsoft services, make sure you have enough space on your hard drive for the game you want to run. If your game is already installed and you just want to run it, our solution won’t require you to reinstall it, but you should still have enough disk space to ensure it works properly.
How to solve the problem on Windows 11?
In order not to end up on the Xbox game service page when you try to launch one of your games, you just need to follow these 7 steps.
- First, open Windows Settings (keyboard shortcut Windows + “i” or search for “settings” in the Windows search bar).
- In the left pane, click Apps and then Apps & features.
- Scroll down the page until you find the game you’re having an issue with and click on the 3 vertical dots to the right of the game name to display the options.
- From there, click “Advanced Options”.
- Pull down the menu and select the “Restore” option. After that, try to open the game, this may not be enough, but it does not hurt to try.
- If the action of the previous step was not sufficient to solve your problem, select the “Reset” option in the same menu, then click “Yes”.
After following the previous steps, be sure to restart your computer before relaunching the game, the issue should be resolved. You will be able to run your favorite games again without any problems in Windows 10 or Windows 11!
Do you have a question about Windows 11, Windows 10, or just want to discuss it with the MonWindows Rendez-vous community on our forums: