Sea of Thieves is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, but can we play cross-platform? We give you the answer.
Sea of Thieves, the pirated multiplayer game from Rare and Xbox, is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.
Since the title is present on multiple platforms, some players are wondering if it’s possible to play with friends regardless of whether they’re playing on PC or consoles thanks to crossplay. If this is your case, then the answer is yes for several years now.
Is there crossplay in Sea of Thieves?
If you’re wondering if the crossplay feature is available in Sea of Thieves, the answer is yes, as the developers pointed out a few years ago (source). This way you will be able to play with your friends regardless of the platforms you play on as you can create a party with a PC player, an Xbox One player and another Xbox Series X player without any problems.
As a reminder, in order to invite your friends to play crossplay, you will need to add them either on PC or Xbox. Here is the procedure to follow.
Add Friends on PC
- Open the Xbox app, go to the “Community” tab.
- Then search for your friend’s name in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Finish by clicking on his nickname and on the “Add as Friend” button.
Add Friends on Xbox
- Press the Xbox button on your controller, then choose Contacts > Find Someone.
- Press the A key to select the account you want to add.
- Select “Add Friend” to add that person’s Xbox profile to your friends list. You will be shown as a subscriber until they add you back
We remind you, of course, that Sea of Thieves allows you to play multiplayer, but sometimes you will encounter connection problems. In this case, be sure to check the status of the servers to see if maintenance is in progress.
Published on 09/18/2022 at 09:20