The historic multi-year partnership between the NBA 2K League and Sony Interactive Entertainment will highlight the PS5 during games and competitive events.
In addition to becoming the official NBA 2K League console for its fourth season (and beyond), the PS5 of Sony will be the official host of the next NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown which will take place from Friday April 9 to Saturday April 10 at 2 a.m. PST. The 3v3 online tournament will bring together NBA 2K League players, fans and influencers. Fans will be able to watch NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown games on the NBA 2K League Twitch and YouTube channels.
Dominate on the court and win big 🏀 The NBA 2K21 PlayStation Tournaments: Three For All Showdown Qualifier kicks off April 5: https://t.co/V1oAx3MnKF pic.twitter.com/1ulqFHHwkx
– PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 2, 2021
“NBA 2K League players are the best in the world at what they do, so it’s only fitting that they compete against each other on the best gaming equipment in the world. PlayStation is a long-time global leader in interactive entertainment, and we’re excited to be able to leverage its gaming expertise and technology to create an optimal experience with our competition.“Said Brendan Donohue, president of the NBA 2K League. In the coming months, Sony Interactive Entertainment and the NBA 2K eSports League will collaborate on a series of personalized content that will be broadcast during NBA 2K League broadcasts and on NBA 2K League social media. Finally, worldwide tournaments for fans with rewards around the 2K League will be organized throughout this partnership.
The FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championships are back
Still in the field of eSports, Sony Interactive Entertainment formalizes the fourth edition of the FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championships through the voice of Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo license and president of Polyphony Digital: “Due to the Covid-19 health crisis, we cannot enjoy the atmosphere of our World Tours and are unable to meet our wonderful competitors in person, but we are fortunate to be able to bring our new ideas to life. the event and to be able to continue the ascent of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships online. We are happy to experiment with a new format this year, and the development of our broadcasts and our productions now incorporates new technologies that will allow us to benefit our community of ever more exciting races. While we are eager to find our audience and the competitors, we believe that it is necessary that the championships take place fully online in 2021. I wish good luck to all the drivers who will take part in the competition. The FIA Gran Turismo Championships will start on Wednesday April 21, 2021. If you want to compete, go to the Sports Mode section of GT Sport, you will find all the conditions for participation.”
The FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championships return April 21.
Details on its new format and upcoming events: https://t.co/9J8DKuh8PJ pic.twitter.com/DRjALF879c
– PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 5, 2021
- ONLINE STAGE 1: It will take place from April 21 to June 26. Competitors from all over the world will compete in 10 rounds of the Manufacturer Series (which takes place on Wednesdays) and 10 rounds of the Nations Cup (on Saturdays)
- WORLD SERIES 1 & 2: We will also discover the 16 best competitors of the Nations Cup and the 12 best drivers of the Manufacturer Series (selected during the World Finals 2020) who will participate in two events of the “World Series” respectively broadcast on Sunday June 6 and Sunday July 11
- WORLD SERIES SHOWDOWN: The end of Online Stage 1 will give the top 16 Nations Cup competitors a chance to compete for a spot in the World Series and World Finals against the 16 elite players who took part in the first two events of the World Series. At the same time, Team Challenges will join the Manufacturer Series with 12 teams of 3 drivers competing to earn points for the World Finals. The Manufacturer Series / World Series Showdown will air on Saturday August 21 and the Nations Cup on Sunday August 22
- ONLINE STAGE 2: Ten Nations Cup rounds and 10 Manufacturer Series rounds will take place from July 7 to September 25 to provide a chance for competitors to qualify for the World Finals in December
- WORLD SERIES 3 & 4: A new group of elite players will take part in two events which will air on October 3 and November 14
- WORLD FINALS: The World Finals will take place over three days and will be broadcast on Friday 3, Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 December. On Friday you can watch the Toyota Gazzo Racing GT Cup. Saturday will be the Manufacturer Series final where 12 teams of three drivers will compete in a series of races. Sunday’s final will be the Nations Cup World Final with 16 veteran World Series drivers taking on 16 new drivers who have earned a place in the Online Stage 2