- Bouygues Construction and Dassault Systèmes want to digitize the construction industry
- A big name in AI is coming to Renault
- Microsoft Teams takes to well-being
- The key figure: 1.3 billion devices for Windows 10
- Convenient : How to adapt your notebook to sedentary use?
Bouygues Construction and Dassault Systèmes want to digitize the construction industry
Bouygues Construction is adopting the 3DExperience platform, from Dassault Systèmes, with the aim of modeling the entire life cycle of its construction projects, and increasing the digitization and collaboration of the various businesses. The platform offers teams on construction sites opportunities for collaboration and innovation that will bring together the entire ecosystem of a project. The creation of a digital twin, capable of processing all the data relating to a site, will be used from design to operation, helping to industrialize project management.
This innovation aims to help the construction sector, which faces productivity issues, both because of the complexity of projects and the fragmentation of trades. With this partnership, Bouygues Construction also expects to achieve energy savings and develop new tracing and waste management practices.
A big name in AI is coming to Renault
Caught in a technological turning point, Renault attracts a world expert in artificial intelligence in its nets. The French car manufacturer announced on Thursday the appointment of Luc Julia, co-creator of Siri, Apple’s voice assistant, as scientific director.
This appointment is part of a dense agenda for Renault, which this month inaugurated the “Software Republic”, a consortium of tech players looking at the mobility of tomorrow. Atos, Dassault Systèmes, STMicroelectronics and Thales have joined this laboratory under the initiative of the Renault group, to pool their expertise in mobility, big data, digital twins, cloud, 3D modeling and even security.
Microsoft Teams takes to well-being
Microsoft has rolled out new employee well-being features on Teams. For the software giant, “digital overload is real and something needs to change. (…) The teams have become more compartmentalized this year, and digital exhaustion is a real and unsustainable threat ”.
To help drive this shift, Microsoft is introducing several wellness experiences in Teams, including meditation and compliment sharing, as well as a virtual commute experience, which aims to end the workday before the user returns to his private life.
The key figure: 1.3 billion devices for Windows 10
On the occasion of the announcement of its quarterly results, Microsoft revealed exceptional growth, in particular for Windows 10, now installed on 1.3 billion devices, and Teams, which now has 145 million users dailies, up from 115 million in October 2020.
Regarding Surface, revenue of $ 1.5 billion was up 12% from the previous quarter, but Microsoft was hoping to do better. Regarding the other products of the technology giant, Microsoft 365 now has 300 million paying users and 50 million active users.
Practice: How to adapt your notebook to sedentary use?
With a little trick, a laptop can become a real alternative to a desktop PC for sedentary use – while still retaining the ability to move between office and home:
- choose a laptop from a professional range;
- set up a workspace with a large screen, classic keyboard and mouse, and reduce the number of cables (wireless devices, Wi-Fi, etc.);
- opt for a dock.
Find the ZD’Brief on podcast platforms
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Spotify, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Apple Podcast, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podtail, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on TuneIn, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podnews, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Listen Notes, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Chartable, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Cast Box, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Android, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Deezer, it’s there