Launched in February 2021, these scholarships offered by the Intelligence and Data Institute (IID) aim to support and stimulate the achievement of graduate studies or undergraduate study internships at Laval University in a field related to artificial intelligence and data science.
These new scholarships, which are in addition to the programs already offered, were awarded to students undertaking, in 2021-2022, undergraduate or graduate studies internships under the supervision of member researchers of the the Institute.
Christian Gagné, director of the Intelligence and Data Institute (IID) and professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, is pleased to note that these scholarships had a strong leverage effect to stimulate study projects in AI and science. data at Laval University.
Congratulations to the laureates, mainly from the FSG, of these 4 categories of scholarships: Undergraduate research grant in artificial intelligence from the IID – internships in the summer of 2021, IID Artificial Intelligence Graduate Support Scholarship, Solidarity scholarship for graduate studies in artificial intelligence from the IID and IID Artificial Intelligence Additional Tuition Exemption Scholarship.
Undergraduate research grant in artificial intelligence from the IID – internships in the summer of 2021
- Laurence Taïsha Fontaine, microprogram for training in science in a practical environment 1 – bioinformatics, supervised by professors Audrey Durand and Flavie Lavoie-Cardinal.
- Nicolas Gariepy, bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, supervised by Professor Paul Fortier
- Simon LaRue, bachelor’s degree in statistics, supervised by Professor Audrey-Anne Vallée
- Vincent primpied, engineering training microprogram in a practical environment 1 – software engineering, supervised by Professor Richard Khoury
- Harold Wilson Toukam Zanjio, bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, supervised by professor Christian Gagné
IID Graduate AI Graduate Support Scholarship
- Guillaume Jorandon, tailor-made doctorate, supervised by Professor Philippe Després
- Fan Zhou, doctorate in computer science, supervised by Professor Brahim Chaib-draa
Solidarity scholarship for graduate studies in AI from the IID
- Louis Fortier-Dubois, doctorate in computer science, supervised by Professor Pascal Germain
IID AI Supplementary Tuition Exemption Scholarship
- Salma Bendaoud, Masters in Computer
- Rupali bhati, master’s degree in computer science – with thesis, supervised by Professor Audrey Durand
- Youness Landa, Masters in Computer
- Lucas Valenca, master’s degree in electrical engineering, supervised by Professor Jean-François Lalonde
We invite you to read the press release and visit this page to learn more about the scholarships offered by the IID.
Congratulations to you all!