When it comes to sending messages, images and videos, WhatsApp is the perfect choice. This application is used by millions of users around the world. But the main question is how to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone? If you are planning to switch WhatsApp to a new phone, then this guide is for you. In this article, we will tell you the 3 best ways to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone. Without wasting time, let’s discuss these ways.
Part 1. Change WhatsApp to a new phone? What should I know
Before you change WhatsApp to a new phone, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we have mentioned 4 tips for beginners so that they can easily transfer WhatsApp to a new phone.
Tip 1. Will I lose my WhatsApp messages when I change phones?
No, you won’t lose your WhatsApp messages if you change your phone using backups. In fact, when you transfer WhatsApp to a new device, especially from Android to iPhone or iPhone to iPhone, you will see an option to restore from backup on the screen. By choosing this option, you can easily recover your data.
What if I upgrade to the new iPhone 14 from an Android phone, or to the new Android from an old iPhone 6s? It is quite possible to lose a WhatsApp conversation without using Move to iOS, Samsung Smart Switch or other tools like iToolab WatsGo – Allinone WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore.
Tip 2. Can I change WhatsApp to another phone without a SIM card?
Yes, you can change WhatsApp to another phone without worrying about the SIM card. But remember that WhatsApp asks for an OTP code, so please add the correct number when you change your WhatsApp number.
Tip 3: Does WhatsApp Transfer to iOS Really Work?
Move to iOS is a good app for transferring WhatsApp data to a new device, but it has some drawbacks. Some users have complained about getting stuck easily during the transfer process, just one of our readers stumbled upon this:
“Transition to iOS app forever stuck on “preparation” on Android phone. I’ve been googling a lot trying to find a solution to this problem and I can’t get past it.”
- Whatsapp is not showing up in the Transfer to iOS app
- Switching to iOS takes too long when transferring data
- Switching to iOS stuck on the remaining 10 minutes
Tip 4: Can I use the same WhatsApp account on my new phone?
Yes, you can use the same WhatsApp account on your new phone. WhatsApp allows users to use the same account on two different phones. Also, you can use WhatsApp on up to 5 different devices at the same time.
Part 2. Best Ways to Transfer WhatsApp to New Phone without Data Loss
Planning to transfer WhatsApp to new phone without data loss? We have you covered. In this section, we have mentioned the three easiest ways to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone without worrying about data loss. Let’s discuss these ways.
Method 1. The most efficient way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
iToolab WatsGo – WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore is one of the best apps to transfer WhatsApp to new phone. With this app, you can transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS. What’s more, it’s an easytouse software with an intuitive interface. Want to know more about this app? Check out the features below.
1. You don’t need to factory reset iPhone.
2. You can easily transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android and iPhone to iPhone.
3. Transmission speed up to 10240kb/s, no long waiting times.
4. You can transfer data as you wish.
5. With this app, you can transfer large amounts of data and don’t worry about deleting data before transferring.
Below are the simple steps you can follow to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone.
- Download and launch the iToolab WatsGo app and click “WhatsApp Transfer” on the toolbar.
- Then connect both devices to the PC. You can use the flip option to select the source and destination device.
The app will send you a message that your data will be overwritten. So don’t forget to create a backup before clicking “Continue”.
- Now select the content you want to transfer to your iPhone. Once done, click Continue.
- Before transferring data, enable endtoend encrypted backup and confirm it with a password. When you’re done, the app will start creating a WhatsApp backup that you can restore to iPhone.
- You will soon see the message “WhatsApp transferred successfully” on the screen.
Method 2: Sync WhatsApp to New Phone Using Google Drive Backup
If you want to transfer whatsapp messages to new android phone, you can sync whatsapp to new phone via google drive backup. Here’s how it works.
- Open WhatsApp on your new device, tap Settings and select Chats. Now click “Chat Backup” > “Backup”.
- Open your new phone and sign in to Google Drive using the same Google account.
- Then install WhatsApp on your new device and complete the installation process.
- WhatsApp will send a message whether you want to restore the backup or not. So, click “Restore” and wait for the process to complete.
- After that, your WhatsApp messages will appear on your new phone.
Method 3. Move WhatsApp to a new phone using iCloud Backup
If you want to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone, you can use iCloud backup.
- On your old iPhone, open Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Scroll down a bit and find the “iCloud Backup” option and click on “iCloud Backup”.
- Click “Backup Now” to backup your iPhone content and wait for the process to complete.
- Then set up your new iPhone and click Restore from iCloud Backup under Apps & Data. This will restore WhatsApp from iCloud to your new iPhone.
- You must enter your old Apple ID account information to back up your old device.
- Wait until the process is completed. Once it’s completed, you can set up your iPhone.
Transferring WhatsApp from one device to another can be a daunting task. But if you know the right methods, you can transfer WhatsApp quickly. Above, we have mentioned various ways to transfer WhatsApp to a new device without data loss. Moreover, you can use iToolab WatsGo to transfer data from Android to iPhone and vice versa.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you buy something from one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.