Science

Twitter Takeover: Rejection of several executives, Elon Musk receives official warning from the authorities

The US Competition Agency should “Recent developments on Twitter are of great concern.”

Article written

Posted on 11/11/2022 11:14

Updated on 11/11/2022 11:35

Reading time : 1 minute.

Elon Musk’s high-profile acquisition of Twitter continues to stir up a storm of emotions. The US Competition Authority (FTC) issued a warning to the social network on Thursday, November 10. “We are following the latest developments on Twitter with great concern. No CEO or company is above the law,” an FTC spokesman said.

The latter recalled that the platform must comply with certain rules under the terms of the agreement with the agency on data security and privacy. The FTC has assured that it is “ready to use” the “tools” at its disposal, in particular significant fines.

>> We explain how to use the social network Mastodon, popular since the takeover of Twitter by Elon Musk.

However, many employees who are aware of these policies no longer work for Twitter. The head of Tesla and SpaceX fired half of the California company’s 7,500 employees a week ago, ten days after he bought it and became the sole owner on board.

Hundreds of people have already quit this summer, and executive resignations continued last week. Damien Kieran, data protection officer, and Lea Kissner, security officer, announced their departures on Thursday.

According to the Washington Post, other directors also said goodbye. Among them are those responsible for data privacy and compliance with laws and regulations.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.