August 8 is International Cat Day, a very important date for millions of people. Cats have become part of the family of many people, just like dogs. They play and purr and sleep, sleep a lot. We also want to give them credit for making our lives happy. What could be better than remembering some of the most famous video games in history?
Put a cat in your life or on your screen
- Stray: We don’t know what it’s called, but despite being the newest of the bunch, it only took a few minutes for it to find a place in the hearts of said pet’s lovers. He’s been nicknamed the “Cyberpunk Cat” since his announcement, and his story in an abandoned city in the company of a friendly B-12 robot has captivated us all.
- Blinx: The Time Sweeper is the protagonist of a classic game that debuted nearly 20 years ago. Introducing Blinx: The Time Sweeper, an adventure platform game for Xbox that is currently backward compatible and playable on Xbox Series X|S. His sense of humor may be a bit more caustic than the cats that live with us at home, but he is a video game icon.
- May Borowski: Not everyone was going to spend the day sleeping in the middle of the living room or playing around the house. There are times in life when you need to be serious and face the truth. She is the protagonist of the famous Night in the Woods, one of the most successful independent games of recent years, thanks to a story that invites us to think about what we want to do in life.
- Alvina: Cats are everywhere, and if not, tell From Software. Although there is one in Majula (Dark Souls 2) who acts as a merchant, none of them is as popular as the leader of the Forest Hunters covenant. All Dark Souls players remember its location above the window in the Dark Garden Ruins.
- Rover: Animal Crossing is the epitome of the talking animal saga, so we can’t help but have a feline friend. His role changes with each episode, and he made his debut in the first game of the franchise, where he served as a guide during training. He purrs a lot, but he never helps us pay our mortgage.
- Morgana: Persona 5 is a JRPG that, like the other installments, leaves its mark thanks to the charisma of the characters we encounter throughout the adventure. And Morgana is one of the most beloved in the history of the saga. Of course, although she acts like a cat and everyone calls her a cat, she insists all the time that she is not.
- Dusty: It’s funny that his partner, the main character of the Gravity Rrush saga, is called Kat. To be a black cat, this one only brings us luck, as she is the main one responsible for our magical powers. He accompanies us throughout the adventure, so it’s impossible not to love him.
- Keith Sith: This creature from Scottish mythology has accompanied us through the Final Fantasy franchise for many years. We’ve seen them as enemies, allies, and even protagonists, which is the most popular case in Final Fantasy VII.
- Big Cat – We first saw him in Sonic Adventure, deep in the mystical ruins. He later appeared in other parts of the Sega franchise. A big fan of fishing, who eventually became a good friend of Sonic.