Like every week, we already have a new version of Windows 11 available between us. In this case, it’s build 25151, which was released on the Dev channel. This version contains nothing new, only a small number of fixes and improvements for the operating system.
Changes and improvements since build 25151
- Fixed a scaling issue that could cause tabs to resize unexpectedly.
- Right-clicking on a tab and then clicking elsewhere in File Explorer should now more reliably close the context menu.
- We believe the major fix in Build 25145 resolved a recent issue where exiting via the Start menu was not working for some Insiders (it restarted unexpectedly instead), and as such we are deleting it from the list of known issues. If you continue to encounter this issue with the latest updates, please report it to the Feedback Hub.
- Fixed a major crash in the Windows Security app.
- Updated the Windows Security Application Exceptions page so that file paths make better use of available space rather than being truncated when free space is available.
- Fixed a major issue that was causing attempts to remove ports in printui /s to fail.
- We fixed an issue resulting in printing from UWP apps not working for some Insiders in the last two versions.
NOTE. Some of the fixes mentioned here in Dev Channel Insider Preview builds may appear in Windows 11 release public updates.
Known Issues in Build 25151
- We’re working on a fix for reports of Mica and Acrylic effects not displaying correctly on OS surfaces such as the Start menu, Action Center, and other areas.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may cause your PC to crash or crash.
- We are investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing blue screens with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error in NetAdapterCx.sys from build 25145.
- The up arrow has been shifted on Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
- We are investigating reports that when launching File Explorer in certain ways while using Dark Mode (for example, from the command line), the File Explorer body is unexpectedly displayed in Clean Mode.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where widget settings (temperature units and pinned widgets) are unexpectedly reset to default.
- Some full-screen applications (like video players) do not allow real-time subtitles to be displayed.
- Some apps at the top of the screen that were closed before live subtitles were launched will be relaunched behind the live subtitles window at the top. Use the system menu (ALT+Spacebar) when the application has focus to move the application window down.