Innovations and updates do not stop pouring in recent days on Xbox and PC. While Stories has just arrived on the Xbox app for Android and iOS, there’s a pretty interesting new update for Windows Insiders who play on Windows 11.
Also Read: Xbox Insider Program: How to Register and Get Xbox Updates Early
Xbox Control Panel Available for Insiders in Windows 11
The Xbox Control Panel, designed for Windows users, is finally available in its first version for Insiders. This Game Bar opens automatically whenever you connect or pair your controller with your Windows 11 PC (requires the latest Insider Preview for now).
With a single press of the Xbox button, this control panel will allow you to access your latest games or the various options you use on your PC to play in the Xbox ecosystem, even in the middle of a game. The icons provided on the panel can certainly be customized to your liking, and they will also allow you to quickly access other PC gaming platforms such as Steam. At the moment, the control panel seems to automatically display the last three games you have played.
Here’s how to test the Xbox Control Panel on Windows 11 right now:
- Be part of the Windows Insider Program and get the latest Insider Preview build (build 225xx) from the Dev and Beta channels.
- Download the Xbox Insider Center from the Microsoft Store.
- Open the Xbox Insider Center and sign in with your Microsoft account (sign up for the Xbox Insider program if you haven’t already).
- After logging in, go to “Preview” and join the Windows Gaming preview.
- Check the Microsoft Store for updates and make sure you have the latest version of Xbox Game Bar (version 5.722.5022.0 or higher).
- Restart your computer.
- Pair or connect your controller.
As a reminder, this feature is still part of the Insider program and that it is only in its first version, and that various optimizations should be made to the control panel within a few weeks. The article for Windows developers explains, in particular, that some third-party games do not appear in the list of games in the panel.
You can provide feedback and submit feedback by going to the Feedback Hub (WIN + F) and then selecting Games > Xbox Game Bar. A list of known issues is available here.
is the new Xbox controller pad for Windows 11. This is a new kind of Xbox game pad that gives you easy access to recently played games, Steam and more with your controller. Windows Insiders can test it out right now https://t.co/XkRzXkpDAC pic.twitter.com/GYi0ij1UeL
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) May 5, 2022