- Supermarkets land on Deliveroo and Uber Eats
- Apple and augmented reality
- Samsung launches recycling program to help global health
- The key figure: data from 533 million Facebook accounts disseminated online
- Convenient : 5 useful features on Windows 10
Supermarkets land on Deliveroo and Uber Eats
Carrefour and Casino announced partnerships with popular home delivery platforms Uber Eats and Deliveroo this week. Carrefour will extend its partnership with Deliveroo in France, to deliver grocery products on demand in less than 30 minutes to customers’ homes. The Casino group has announced a partnership with Uber Eats.
The Casino group specifies that the service will be deployed in around thirty French urban areas before gradually expanding to 500 stores and will concern hundreds of products, from daily food to cleaning products, including cleaning products. beauty and drinks. For its part, Carrefour plans to serve Paris first with Deliveroo, before extending this service to ten other large cities in the coming months.
Apple and augmented reality
While rumors say that Apple will release an augmented reality headset in the future, Apple CEO Tim Cook has stressed the importance of this technology for the brand’s future products.
While he did not give any clues about future products, he insisted on the usefulness of this technology, especially in areas such as health, education, games or even retail. By adding that augmented reality and machine learning are going to be essential to deliver the right information to the right person at the right time.
Samsung launches recycling program to help global health
Samsung announced on Wednesday the launch of a program to reuse its old smartphones to transform them into eye care devices for populations in great poverty around the world.
As part of the company’s “Galaxy Upcycling” program, the Korean giant’s used smartphones will be attached to portable fundus cameras, called Eyelike and designed by Samsung. They will be offered to health workers in developing countries. So far, Samsung has implemented its eye care program in Vietnam, India, Morocco and Papua New Guinea, in collaboration with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness.
The key figure: data from 533 million Facebook accounts disseminated online
The data of 533 million Facebook accounts has been disseminated online, including the last name, first name, phone number and other personal information of users. According to Facebook, the data leak stems from a security breach detected and corrected in 2019. But the Irish data protection authority believes that the data could come from other data leaks, and that the file in question could be the combination of several successive data leaks.
The question of the exact date of the data leak is important for Facebook, because the social network believes that it does not have to comply with the rules provided by the GDPR in this situation, the 2019 leak being prior to the enactment of the European law. .
Practice: 5 useful features on Windows 10
If you’re using Windows 10, here are five tips that can help you improve your productivity:
- Screenshot: Press “Windows” + “Shift” + “S”, choose your preferred capture option then press “Enter”. You can then open the app to crop, edit, annotate, paste, print, save or share your capture.
- Clipboard history: to open the clipboard history, press the “Windows” + “V” keys.
- Battery Report: Contains detailed historical information about battery usage, including a comparison between your battery’s rated capacity and its current capacity.
- Free storage on OneDrive: By signing in to the OneDrive client using a Microsoft account, you get 5 GB of free storage.
- Touchpad shortcuts: go to Settings> Peripherals> Touchpad to view and edit all built-in Windows 10 shortcuts.
Find the ZD’Brief on podcast platforms
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Spotify, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Apple Podcast, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podtail, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on TuneIn, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Podnews, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Listen Notes, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Chartable, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Cast Box, click here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Android, it’s here
- To subscribe to ZD’Brief on Deezer, it’s there